What stiff coilovers Mk4 Golf

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Elfin, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Elfin New Member

I currently have V-Maxx coilovers fitted to my Mk4 which ride lovely but I want something a bit stiffer. Can anyone recommend a stiffer coilover. It needs to be able to achieve pretty low lows. I drive a Mk4 GT TDI btw.

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Have you cut holes out of the chassis legs yet?

3. Elfin New Member

No I don't, but I know I need to notch to go really low. That's not really what I asked though.

4. Glen1984 New Member

I have a set of coil overs on my mark four stiff as hell but would like sank abit softer Im going to adjust em but if this don't help then I'll be selling them

5. Elfin New Member

Fancy a swap maybe? My VMaxx ones give a really nice ride. What make and model are yours?

6. Joshua.Stubbs New Member

If the struts on the Mk4 GT TDI are the same as those on the GTI T? you can buy Mk4 R32 front coil overs, drop links and anti roll bar.

This allows you to go lower as the roll bar sits under the drive shafts instead of over like on the GTI T standard one. Also because they are designed to support the heavier R32 block are very very stiff. I have done this to my track prepared Mk4 GTI T golf and I'm happy with the results. I am using FK coil overs

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  7. Elfin New Member

I have an H&R hooped rollbar and adjustable droplinks so no issue with going low, just my current coilovers are a bit too soft for me. I will look into R32 ones, cheers for the advice :)