What sus. to go for?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Tonsk, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Tonsk Forum Member

Ello,

I got a Golf II G60. Currently has boggo struts on, and want a stiffer ride/ better handling.

Was talking to local dub performance garage, and he said the g60 is 10mm lower than a valver which is in turn 10 mm lower than a 'normal' 8v.

So, a 40mm drop will in actualy fact only drop my car by 10 mm :(

Here's a pic, so you can see what height it is currently

Garage man suggested coilovers (700 squid) which i dont *really* want to do, as its a lot of dosh. Would go for Koni struts and lowered springs, but would it really only lower by 10 mm as mr. garage man says?

Cheers in advance.
    Edited by: Tonsk

2. tylerrules84 Forum Member

ummm if I'm doing my math right, if a G60 is 10mm lower than a 16v, which is 10mm lower than an 8v... that means a 40mm lowering kit, shoot lower it by 20mm, not 10. 20mm might be enough, depending on your tastes.
    Nice car btw. :thumbup:

3. Admin Guest

best going for coilover suspension for a ride height you defo want, and not taking a chance spending money on shocks and springs for a height you dont like, i personally think a 40mm kit would do the job though. ;) koni adjustables and eibach springs are suspose to be a good setup on the mk2's
    Edited by: Dave

4. Tonsk Forum Member

er...lol oh yeh with regards to the maths...i think the 16v is 20 mm lowr than the 8...which is where I got me figure of 10 mm from :)