What to do?!

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Gup16v, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Gup16v Forum Member

The K03S has given up. looks like the oil seals have gone as i can see oil coming from the turbo outlet and also some blueish smoke from the exhaust.
    :thumbd:
    So got a few options..

1 - Shall i take it apart and re-do the seal
    2- Shall i look for places who can do Hybrid conversions
    3- Shall i upgrade it to a proper k04 -
    4 - worth trying to find a cheapish K04-001 to make use of the same down pipe and oil/water lines

also I'm not looking for insane amounts of power(yet) as i cant afford to splash out on a better diff and possibly some forged rods.

does anyone have any rough prices for hybrid conversions if you send your old k03(S) unit in to be 'worked'?

Option one is cheapest (seal kit costs like 60) but i then have the issue of running the turbo pretty hard when it gets mapped for better running.

this is for the mk2 btw :)

2. Gup16v Forum Member

on further inspection there is less than 1mm of play in the shaft, but i pulled the tip off and small pool oil was sat inside the inlet port.

[:s]

3. tom.rich Forum Member

Might be worth ringing Beach Buggy Turbo's if that's a route you're interested in mate, heard good things about their K0x hybrids and think their prices are as good as anyone else's.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  4. Gup16v Forum Member

yeah i may ring a few places up, see what spec/prices they offer.

Budget on the car is a huge factor at the moment.