what type of throttle sensor does the new golf use.

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by volkswagen golf mk6 TDI, Jun 15, 2010.

1. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

does the new golf TDI 140 BHP use a 5v throttle body as i am not that up to date with all the specs of the golf. I need to know as i am looking at buying a blow off valve for fun not for performance enhancement as i know that it doesn't really help any replies would be appreciated thanks.

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

No it doesn't have a throttle body, or sensor as such
    it does have a feedback/servo motor operating the shut off valve, but it doesn't give off a on closed 5 V voltage signal

your right a blow off valve wouldn't be a performance enhancing, at all!
    TBH you'd putting the work in for nothing, the turbo would seriously be confused if you could get it to work with the layout. plus on first drive out the ECU will pick up the fault with the loss of air from the system !

3. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

thanks for the reply what would you suggest to get that dump valve sound from a diesel? i'm also looking to get a little more power out of it as well but concerned as it is a company car so dont want anything like a remap any suggestions will be appreciated thanks

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

company car, and well within the warrenty - you don't really want to play with any of the hardware under the bonnet!
    Remapping is one of the only ways but likely to be written over during a 'future recall'.

theres no real trick to get more power out that the ECU can't adjust due to EU emmisions
    without sound condersending you don't to make it sound like it's popping a tyre to make it quick

if you do need the sound, try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Saber-Dump-Va...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2307d55956

5. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

6. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

thanks for that i am going to look more into that saber dump valve.