What Wheels???

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by GREENY, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jedi_stylie Forum Member

signum, those beetle/toccata wheels on my black golf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    they are for sale if your interested. ;)

2. jedi_stylie Forum Member

BTW. i agree with the r32 wheels thing, same with anniversary wheels.
    i think these look mint tho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. dT MK3 4

dT MK3 4 Forum Member

2nded!!! BEst looking wheel bar non on the MK4 unless you go for the similar Rials [:D]

4. Signum_2006 New Member

Jedi_Stylie - the merc wheels in your first picture do look pretty trick, although in saying that i do like to see the disk and caliper poking its head out from behind the wheel, the merc wheels would be good for a smoother euro look.

Ive found the new RS4's in a 18" - very tempted, whqat would i be looking at to lowering it, i mean how much could i comfortably go, with out ripping me bumper off on the first speed hump??

Coil overs or will springs work just aswell?[:D]

5. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

go for eibach -30mm and koni shcoks. coilovers are harsh. this set up on a mk4 is perfect and will happily accomidate 18"s

6. jedi_stylie Forum Member

i got sport suspension from VW on mine. i think it lowers it around 20mm. nothing crazy but it seems to just sit nicely on my new 18s. i live around some bumpy roads and my one before last car was dropped 60mm and i basically killed it...
    euro styling is the way forward with mkiv's tho. i just love it!

and about the RS4's, id snap em up. i was looking at them and i think they would look hot.

7. jedi_stylie Forum Member

ps. sereph will tell you (as he told me) that there is no prob with big rims and big drops on mkiv's as you could easy live in you wheel arche its got that much room!

8. Seraph Banned

indeed, theres heaps of room, with no problems

as for lowering, much scope, but keep an eye on fowling from about 40mm onwards.

9. DSL55 New Member

Got TT Sports on mine at the moment, not seen them on a golf yet, or many TT's come to that. Got to get it lowered etc before I decide on a long term set

[​IMG]

Am selling a set of new style RS4 reps, 18" 5x100 pcd, no tyres, never fitted to a car, 250 collected Northampton

[​IMG]

10. c_a_r_t_e_r Forum Member

Hi Jedi-Stylie - slightly unrelated to this wheel idea thread, did you buy your golf recently from Basingstoke before the eBay auction ended?! It's got the full recaro trim?

I was watching that auction as the car was just around the corner from me, but my girlfriend still isn't ready to buy one yet, so we had to miss it. Looked great though!

So those are Beetle Toccata wheels? I was trying to ID them.

Cheers!
    Tim

11. Signum_2006 New Member

This is true, you can live in the arches - (i tried it for a night, bit cold ;) )

Okay so im looking at two options, go to VW and get some of there sports suspension, Jedie_stylie, do you have a price for this??

Or as Tspec says "go for eibach -30mm and koni shcoks. coilovers are harsh. this set up on a mk4 is perfect and will happily accomidate 18"s"

Coz am i right in sayin you have the damper shock to the rear of the car, and the spring next to - coz cars used to have them integrated as one didnt they? a spring coiled round a damping piston? Tspec, what sort of cost am i looking at for you option?

Thanks all

12. VR6gaz Forum Member

18" BBS RC then deck it!

13. pRot3us Forum Junkie

Go to be LMs

[​IMG]

:)

14. Seraph Banned

If not LMs, RC's :............

[​IMG]

15. jedi_stylie Forum Member

certainly did! i found it on ebay had a look and made an offer. MINT! couldn't believe my luck, came with a sweet plate too 'X 18T VW'.
    Paul (the seller) told me the wheels came as an optional extra from the dealer when first bought. and after alot of interneting found they were toccata's. weather they normally come on beetles i dont know, look ok tho. just wanted slightly bigger.

16. jedi_stylie Forum Member

about the sport suspension, i dont have a clue how much it costs. might be able to find a second hand set.... sooorry

17. Chris P! 150PD In Delete Queue

Hi All,
    This is my first post so id like to say hello!
    I've just put a set of new 18" r32 alloys on my mk4 which i think look the part - along with koni adjustables - after an 'experience' with lowering springs!! Any ideas what to do next?

Chris

[​IMG]