What would be a sign.........

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by scottmk1, Nov 30, 2003.

1. scottmk1 Forum Member

....of the rear beam bushes being knackered on my mk2 8v gti? also would a knackered front engine mount affect the handling?

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

big cracks in them usually gives it away :)

3. scottmk1 Forum Member

i meant in terms of handling, but thanks anyway darryn

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

lol, sorry. :lol:

5. Admin Guest

the car would get judders through the dash etc. if the engine mount was knackered, and it does effect the handling as well! went through a good few of these my self
    Edited by: Dave

6. scottmk1 Forum Member

the engine mount is defo fudged, just have this thing in my head about the rear beam bushes beong goosed as well

7. Admin Guest

bad luck mate [:s]

8. scottmk1 Forum Member

9. Admin Guest

may as well replace the rear beam bushes with poly/powerflex ones though :)
    Edited by: Dave

10. jake Forum Member

rear beam bushes will make it seem like the rear goes loose when you turn in, a bit like a soft rear tyre. It'll spin you quickly if they get bad so take it easy.

11. scottmk1 Forum Member

from that description jake it seems like they are on theyre way out, luckily ive got a brand new pair somewhere on me bedroom floor :p

12. AndrewF Forum Addict

i have completely knackered rear bushes...can give some snap oversteer mid corner, but it's rare...biggest give away is a dull thud/bang from the rear over potholes, and the feel of somethin being loose at the rear.