what would be the crack with supercharging a 2e 2.0?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by steeldonkey, Jul 23, 2007.

1. steeldonkey New Member

just wondering what the deal would be as eaton mini and some merc kompressor units are coming up cheap so was thinking one could be fun.

what mods would be required other than the charger and what would be expected in terms of BHP?

could the fueling be set using an fse and some larger injectors or would a megasquirt be the only option?

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

megasquirt isnt the only option but it is the cheapest you would need to lower your compression ect and a ecu would sort out your fueling

3. steeldonkey New Member

does the compession HAVE to be lowered? the egine does have a knock sensor.....

also are de-comp gasgets readily available?

also what do you guys recon the the eaton m45 charger, would it be ok for this use?

4. bennyboy Forum Member

as far as im aware, the reason there are so many ''mini'' eaton superchargers (m45?) available (ebay etc) is because they dont make a lot of power. i guess the merc ones might be capable of producing more power as they are fitted to larger engines.

iirc, they pump out max boost at quite low RPM in comparison to, for example, the G-lader (G60) which continues to make more boost as the RPM increase.

you could try looking at the Eaton m62 if you wanted more power. it just depends how much money you want to throw at it?

i dont have any exerience with either but im sure someone will be able to shed more light on the subject

try looking here aswell, http://www.rotrex.com/

5. steeldonkey New Member

ok, so what sort of bhp could i expect from fitting an eaton m45 charger with standard compression? also what would be the best mounting location.

also if i run the boost pipe through the maf/mas could i get away with just running larger injectors and an fse i.e. avoid an aftermarket ecu?