whats all this for? Do I need it?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by transitman, Jul 29, 2008.

1. transitman Forum Member

Hi all!

Putting a 1.8T Octavia engine into a mk2 golf, running MBE Standalone management....

Question for you all....

What are these pipes under the inlet manifold on my 1.8t? and what is this thing on top of my rocker cover?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do I need this stuff? how do I go about removing it? Do i just block up the pipes remaining?

I have already ditched the secondary air pump and valve and blocked the hole. just this other stuff to sort....

Cheers
    Mark

2. Switch7

Switch7 Forum Member

It's all part of the secondary air system and you can remove it. you got your mbe from qpeng? Search for a thread on vortex about removing it if you get stuck, there's a really comprehensive guide on there.

3. Switch7

Switch7 Forum Member

oh, forgot to add, once you strip it all out you shouldn't really have many things to block off, make sure you leave your n75valve in and the plumbing for your dv unless your upgrading the piping for it. As for the ports under your inlet manifold, you can use one for your fpr, map sensor, brakes and boost gauge if you want one.

4. transitman Forum Member

Top man... dont suppose you would be able to find that link for me? my internet keeps throwing up and crashing when searching!! Great company im with lol. Yeah Qpeng ECUs are MBE

Cheers dude

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. HidRo Forum Member