whats it worth for insurance agreed figure?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by mk2 nas, Oct 2, 2013.

1. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

hi all just got my insurance renewal today and currently dont have an agreed value with them.wasnt too
    bothered last year but the car has changed alot since then for the better.About the car as follows.

1989 5 door 8v tidy & standard,no rust,4 owners,every m.o.t back to 1992,wads of history,partial re-paint & wheels,new
    bumpers,new rear vallance,oil pump,cambelt & tentioner,oil,coolant,re-covered driver seat,new exhaust from
    downpipe back,new isv,and so on.
    ITS NO SHOWCAR but does turn a few heads.figures please i wont be offended.;)

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

You might not actually get anything like this kind of money should you ever sell it, but you could perhaps aim for something like 1500. That's just a figure out of thin air but probably the sort of money you'd need if you had to go and buy a like-for-like replacement tomorrow for a decent MK2 GTI.

I think it's the overall condition that will matter. I don't think they'll be interested in knowing about general service parts you've fitted because they class that as maintenance which doesn't have any bearing on the value as far as they're concerned.

When you get the agreed valuation done you'll probably need to send some good photographs in, so perhaps time to get it looking extra smart.

3. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

about right i think.as a payout on "book value"would,nt be that good.no idea what the book value is but likely to be .just a few hundred quid i reckon at best.