Whats the Top Watts!

Discussion in 'ICE' started by JJ VDUB, May 27, 2004.

1. JJ VDUB Forum Member

Got a Mk2 Golf 16V.

standard 12V battery, 14.4 off the alternator as far as I know.

Sortin all the wiring tomo. 4gauge power, RCA and speaker wire from the boot.

What is the most RMS I can run off the Battery before I have problems. I have been looking at Directed 1100d which could pull 600 RMS wiht the right sub, then 200RMS for speakers.

I was running 300RMS in my old Mk 3 and that was border line on dranin all the amps.

What do ya reckon do I need an uprated battery (would this replace my current battery) OR should I cosider a 1 Farad power cap to stop the fade from a drop in amps.

Also. Will the standard doo cards sound really $hit. should I think about custom pods for sound quality?

Don't wanna spend the money and have it sound like dodgy farts in the doors!

2. mbh69 Forum Member

forget the powercap there no good
    i run around 2300 watts rms i have one second battery in the boot and have no probs at all before i got the second bat the lights would flash alot they flashed with 500 watts rms so i'd uprate the front bat as a minimum