Whats this hose on the airbox for?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by G-Man, Jul 23, 2007.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Right looking into getting an induction kit for my TDI just using a universal one, however the only model specific kit is 75! :o

The only thing thats stopping me using a universal one a hose that is connected to my empty air chamber box after the filter. Someone said they just bunged it in the filter bodge job wise, but it must control something or sense something important to set up properly?? However BMC have a induction kit that seems a universal style not taking into account this hose.

So can anyone tell me what this hose is?
    What is its importance?
    What does it control?
    And problems if not connected properly?

(Its connected to a N75 valve or the other one N118??)

[​IMG]

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

bit like a map vac hose of sorts if its taking air from the airbox then just hook it up out the way

you could always take the airbox out and get some photos of whats inside that part

3. G-Man Forum Junkie

Sorry should have said more [:$]

Basically its just a hose that connects to a solenoid.

However the box its attached too is empty. As in, just an empty air chamber. Been told it dampens out air vibrations.

Apparently its part of the design for the air flow blah blah. So the hose just connects to an empty box. There's no sensors in the box (from what i could tell) or vacuum flaps as such.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  4. bens_cab Forum Junkie

just hook up out the way then mate see what it does could it be a moisture sensor pickup from the airbox?? going to be somthing silly like that