Wheel bolt covers?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by Andy_T4, May 18, 2004.

1. Andy_T4 Forum Member

I'm buying a new set of wheels, and having them re-finished in gloss black straight away. The thing is, this style of wheel has the wheel bolts exposed rather than covered by a centre cap. If I leave them as normal, they'll stick out like a saw thumb. If I have them painted gloss black too, the finish will scrape off everytime I undo the bolts.

For those reasons, I was thinking about the 'Porsche style wheel bolt covers' that Cult Society sell.
    Does anyone know if they come with a removal tool? If I have them painted gloss black, will they go over the standard bolts, and will I be able to remove the covers without scratching the finish off?

Cheers :)

2. mattwelcer

mattwelcer Forum Member

I have some plastic ones from VW, they came with the wheels(BBS)/car so i don't know how much they cost.

Also i'm not near the car so i can't check for part numbers, if you want i can check later tonight!

I find they do the job quite well and the plastic is black too [:D]

PS
    Forgot to mention no special tool is need to get these wheel bolt covers off. They have a small flange that allows them to be pulled of by hand. Further more they do two types, one with a hexagonal inside to go over normal bolts and one thats round to go over locking wheel bolts!
    Edited by: mattwelcer

3. Andy_T4 Forum Member

Thanks :) I'll give the local stealer a try. Don't worry about the part number - I'm sure even the muppets at my VW garage will be able to find something so simple (fingers-crossed!)

4. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

would the normal mk1/2 ones do?
    or are they what you mean?
    think,gpc do them or try the dealer.
    [​IMG]

5. Andy_T4 Forum Member

Yeah, they should do - just need 5 for each wheel