Wheel help!

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by big jonesy, May 16, 2012.

1. big jonesy Forum Member

Evening people finally found a set of g60 Sebring alloys for my mk1 track **** project thought I might have rear arch probs because of the 195/50/15 tyres no probs at the rear but up front the tyre is touching the spring i know the et is different just wondered if anyone has come across this ? I have seen these wheels on mk1's before, I was thinking about 10mm spacers please help!!!!!!

2. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Obvious question maybe....how much of a foul condition have you got? Are you running standard camber or more negative as clearly this will move top of wheel closer to strut?

3. big jonesy Forum Member

It's touching but not pushing against it , I tried to move the camber but it still very close standard mk1 gti normally run et 30 but the sebrings are et 35 just wondered if it would make that much difference

4. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Don't forget to consider the additional width of the 15" rims which were never fitted to a Mk1 as standard....ET is basically a measurement from centreline of the wheel to mounting surface ;)

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

fit 5mm spacers -> et30 -> problem solved :thumbup:

6. big jonesy Forum Member

Thanks rj spot on