wheel hub for mk2 golf 1.8 16v 1988 E reg.

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by mackieGTI, Mar 10, 2022.

1. mackieGTI New Member

morning.

im trying to locate a replacement front hub and the bearing, i mean im looking at a part on eBay, the hub and bearing for £26. but can anyone clarify if it would fit my model.

hole centers are 100mm diagonal, the center diameter of the bearing on my existing hub is 40mm, no. spline tooth is 22

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19082436...l:Golf&hash=item2c6e04b4aa:g:0fUAAMXQXQxRaBRY

now on the ebay link there is a drop down list to select the model to see if it fits my car, im unsure of the engine size on far right, gives me three choices, it always throws me as it mentions the KW power etc.

or if anyone can say its tat and guide me to a suitable replacement else where.

thanks in advance.

tom.

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I'd prefer a good used one, from a reputable source like Dubstock or Deutscheparts

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

as long as it has the late 19mm ball joints that will fit fine. but yeah I'd rather genuine. MK3 golf ones will fit if you have later bearing carriers

4. mackieGTI New Member

hi guys thanks for input. i have sourced a second hand one and a bearing from a bearing reputable company. the bearing was 26 quid alone however peace of mind i guess knowing that im not throwing poorly made cheap components on.

thank you.

5. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

That's not at all expensive tbh.

6. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

That will fit. I’ve bought from B&B plenty of times and they don’t sell rubbish.