wheel seems to be sticking out at the top and in at the bottom!

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by adamh84, Aug 29, 2010.

1. adamh84 New Member

i hit a kerb so ive replaced the driveshaft , wishbone and ball joint everything else looks fine the wishbone went straight in no problems (when i did it from the right side anyway) but with everything back on the wheel is sticking out quite a bit at the top! i got the parts from gsf but the balljoint they gave me was only 9 and the 1st lad i spoke to quoted me the 1 for 10.50 so im just wondering if it is the wrong ball joint it didnt seem to line up properley only just managed to get it on?

2. djdubplate

djdubplate Forum Member

sounds like your camber is out

3. coupechamp Forum Member

what sort of difference do you have top to bottom, have you put the two ball joints next to each other, i bet theres not that much difference, like above, you could well just have knocked it out of align. Simple to solve :thumbup:

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Loosen your two strut-to-hub bolts and you`ll be able to get the hub/wheel somewhere like vertical by eye. Then get it done professionally to the correct settings.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

and check the ball joint has been bolted in in the right spot. the holes are slotted, if you cant compare to old wishbone set the joint so its in the middle of the slotted holes