Wheel tracking.. or something

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Trev16v, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

My MK2 Driver had some new tyres on the front wheels a couple of weeks ago. When I drive, the car seems to want to pull to one side very slightly, and the steering wheel tends to shake. It can feel pretty awful when cornering sharply.

Any suggestions as to what the most likely cause is - i.e. tyre pressure, or tracking?

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

tracking...see if you get the camber checked as well (only a few places do this).
    you may as well check the tyre pressures as well anyway.

3. edc1 Forum Member

More like balancing perhaps if all you had done was a tyre change and the car was fine before.

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

deff need balancing if it shakes..are the pressures the same? that could cause it to pull a little

it shouldnt need traking if it didnt do it before..assuming you havent bashed a kerb/pot hole

5. MrBen Forum Junkie

Check the pressures first - if you used a 'quick fit' tyre place they don't bother getting the pressures right. If they are ok, try a quick front/rear wheel swap - if that solves it, the wheels weren't properly balanced when they changed the tyres. If the wheel swap doesn't fix it, then it's probably tracking.

6. Counterfeit New Member

tracking will not make the car pull. if after all else is correct, it's camber you'll need to look at.