Wheels and lowering

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Chali, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Chali New Member

can anyone give me any advice on sizes of wheeels for my golf ive got 18's on at the minute but i was thinking of going smaller, is 16 too small for a mk4? and im literally clueless about modifiying but id like to lower it too, so any type of help on suspension what to buy etc is very much appreciated

cheers people

Chali

2. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Hey..

Firstly mate, try grouping your threads as they are starting to merge with your questions.

16's at the standard size on the mk4 when it was built along with 18's - I wouldn't go back to 16's, stick with 18's or even 19's.

As I said on your other thread, -30 or -35mm would be a good place to start, this will mean less chance of ARB drop link breaking of driveshaft rubbing.

for a starter there is a guy on ebay selling Jamex springs -35mm for 50 which is a full set.

Hope it helps

Dan

3. dub303 Forum Member

Wondered about going back to 16" for a while, mainly due to having cheap 18" reps that are heavy and in need of 4 tyres soon. I know it doesn't look as good, but I'd rather spend on the mk2 at the moment.

What are your reasons for going 16"? As said above, they were standard on GTi's.

4. Bundles Forum Junkie

17swith 225/45 x 17 tyres, best of both worlds <3

5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Mk4's can look good lowered on its standard 16's -

[​IMG]

The montreal 2's above look great with low profiles and lowered. Best OEM wheel you can get on a Mk4 tbh :thumbup: