Wheels and shocks

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by veedubnutz, Sep 24, 2014.

1. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Hello gents! Very long time no post.... sorry about that!! lol

I have just returned from a trip to the ring and spa and have found some new found enthusiasm for finishing my golf. It's currently running but needs some work to the lump to get it to run properly, but more importantly I need to sort the chassis out. Now, it's currently running the old Eibach front and rear ARB's, full polybushes front and rear, new everything else, and a MK2/3 widetrack setup on the nose end with stub axle spaces at the rear. The problem comes with the brakes... it's running 310mm wilwoods and the Compomotive MO's I have have to be spaced to fit over them(I'm not sure which variant they are but they are dished 15 x 8's)... additionally at ET20 they poke like hell with the widetrack... So the question is, what options do I have wheel wise? There's a lot more choice in 15s but they need to be 8's or 7.5's and need to cover the brakes. I'd go up to 16's but thats the limit.

Secondly.. it'd sat on some crap old Fk shocks which are non damping adjustable and leak. I'd like damping adjustment and height adjustment - but what would you recommend? I've been out of the market for a while so no idea what is proven and what isn't. Additionally it's worth mentioning that it's a VR6 turbo up front so it's carrying a lot of weight in the nose.

Finally(I think!!), the car has a set of camber adjustment plates to attempt to remove the horrendous amounts of negative camber introduced by the widetrack. Thing is, i'm fairly confident they aren't positioned correctly. What's the process to fit these correctly... IE, where do the holes need drilling for the plate in relation to the edge of the inner wing etc?

Muchos gracias amigo's!

2. Peter Jones Forum Member

I'm in Australia and wanted to run 15x8 on my car. Not a lot of options here for wheels.

I ended up importing Varrstoen wheels from the US.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15X8-VarrStoen-Wheels-4X100-RIM-0MM-OFFSET-HYPER-BLACK-FITS-4-LUG-HONDA-CIVIC-/350511279424?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item519c19ad40

15 x 8 et0 4 x 100

They're one of the few wheels that will clear my Tarox 280mm brake setup. It's hard to imagine a brake setup they wouldn't clear.

[​IMG]

Weight is good and plenty of ventilation.