Wheels for MK3 ??

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Reidy10, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Reidy10 New Member

Right im hoping for some help on this dilema..... my Mk3 has original alloys on it at the moment.. i do want to change these for slightly bigger ones and maybe wider as im just about to fit coilovers.. i dont want too fancy wheels would like to stay quite simple and maybe ones that look like they should be on the Golf...BBS etc ? ive tried searching for images of wheels on mk3's but not much help... my MK3 is white so was toying with the idea of white alloys or black maybe team dynamics ones ? decisions decisions ! any help, advice or images would be greatly appriciated.... stu

2. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

I had black Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 on my black 8V looked mint...

[​IMG]

Wish I still had it now, to see it with white on white would be cool...

[​IMG]

Also very lightweight wheels (which was actually why I chose them) and greatly improved the handling over standard alloys, mine were 17", but if I did it again I would get 16"

3. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Get the BBS rims from the mk3 anni - they are 16 inch and if you get a good set (300) they will make your car look sweet!

4. smp1987 Forum Member

Hope this helps my Mk3 Anniversary :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Looks a bit high. Must get some body roll there.

6. faithless

faithless CGTI Regional Host

tt comps look nice

[​IMG]

7. gtidriver Forum Member

I had 17" RS4 / TT wheels ....

[​IMG]

Now I have Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 with Toyo T1-S 205/40/17....

[​IMG]

The RS4's are 4sale.

8. yeah TT comps [:D]

9. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Can you get TT comps onto a 4 stud? I'm guessing the car above is a GTI/VR6.

10. Reidy10 New Member

cheers all this is the sort of help i wanted.... seeing the wheels actaully on the car is helping loads.. i really am losing sleep over this ! i want it to look good but not 'billy boy racer' hahahahaha which is why i thought a standard rim ? team dynamics 1.2 look good but id need to see them on it in white first !? what about pro race 3 ???? keep them coming ! thanks

11. I've now got bbs split rims, I think they set the car off nicely. original audi TT rims sit sweet in the arches.. they're now for sale if you're interested ;)

12. gtidriver Forum Member

13. Reidy10 New Member

keep the pics coming guys.... ive just dropped mine on jom coilovers so it's LOW.. need to stick to either 15's or 16's

14. MK1-Tron

MK1-Tron Forum Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

Porsche 928 7" Front 8" Rear 16" Wheels. (30mm Adaptors) 195 45 Tyres all round.

15. MK1-Tron

MK1-Tron Forum Member

[​IMG]

This pic shows them a little better. Picked these up for 220 including Adaptors and tyres.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  16. The db

The db Forum Junkie

^^^ bargain!

Porsche d90's look good on mk3's too.

I like tt comps but I'm not keen on the back jarring 17inch ride.