When i'm cleaning relays...

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by mark25, Aug 26, 2009.

1. mark25 Forum Junkie

Any excuse to get the 50mm F1.4 out:

[​IMG]

Although i couldn't get close enough for just the subject, min focus distance = ~0.5m, so i had to crop in the end....

[​IMG]

DOF doesn't even cover the whole relay:lol:

2. richwig83 Forum Member

Now that IS shallow DOF!!! I thought my 1.8 was shallow!!!

3. N/B

N/B Forum Member

If you start doing more and more close-up stuff, a set of extension tubes is a great start and a nice thing to have anyway.
    The next step is a 100mm f2.8 Macro. One of Canon's finest primes imo, it really is an absolute corker for the money.

4. mark25 Forum Junkie

Naa, i'm not getting into this photography, just playing, i'm a Nikon man anyway....

Just spent an hour photographing my sons tennis lesson, 1sy F5.6 with the telly, then f8 for more DOF therefor more scene. Then playing with shutter speed to try and get a clear photo of him, with a nice bluured racket, result wasn't that great tbh:lol:

there's an awfully fine line between a blured kid and a stationary/non-blured racket:lol:

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Yes, I've tried photographing my 8 year old nephew playing football and still not managed to get any really decent shots, so I can guess how frustrated you feel.

My t/f is 55-200mm, so is not really long enough, even for the smaller field the youngsters play on. And - he's the goalie - whenever anything exciting happens round the goalmouth, he's usually hidden behind loads of other players.

I thought I might get his dad to kick some shots at him after the game, so I could capture some decent saves from closer to, but the coach took away the net from the goal, so that foiled that plan.

Maybe I ought to chose a slower sport. Snail-racing, perhaps?

6. mark25 Forum Junkie

Mine too. It's long enough for tennis, VR is great, the only problem with mine is the operator... It's made a few crackingly clear, almost 3D shots at the long end, will try and bang a few up later.

7. mark25 Forum Junkie

Here's the 55 - 200 VR on full chat, IMO the photo is pleasant to the eye..... Not sure why[:s] It gives more impression of 3D than most photos i think... Maybe from the shallow DOF, but not too shallow...

[​IMG]