where can i get a 2e2 gasket from??

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by mk1 formel e, Jan 11, 2008.

1. mk1 formel e Forum Member

i just took the carb apart on a mk1 clipper i just bought to give it a clean out as it has been stood for 2yrs, went to gsf expecting to hand over a few quid for a new paper gasket but they dont stock them, nor do euros[:x] has anybody had to get one lately? if so where can i get one? sounds stupid but i havent tried main dealer yet as i dont really want to spend a fortune or wait 3 weeks for the bit
    any help much appriciated

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Try giving this lot a ring. They sold me a refurb kit last year, their part number G044 (About 30 total IIRC). The website's saying they don't have this kit in stock just now, but they may be able to tell you whether any of their distributors are holding stock. I doubt they sell the gasket separately, but worth asking. Well worth a call to VW too, I would think they ought to sell you one fairly cheaply. It's definitely a 2e2, yeah, waxstat and all that clobber?

What about just cutting one yourself out of something suitable?

Failing that, I have another refurb kit (complete except for choke water-housing o-rings) you may be able to talk me into parting with...;)

3. mk1 formel e Forum Member

thanks for that pete, it's deffo a 2e2 i've never seen a carb with so many bits hanging off its sides! if i could persuade you to part with the bits you have i'd be happy;) i did consider cutting one as i do have some gasket paper but i've got so much to get done on the car i don't want to waste time on bits i don't have to. let me know how much you want for the kit and hopefully i can get the rest of the carb sorted out

4. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

PM coming...

5. Drew21 Forum Member

I'd head for german ebay

carb = vergaser

or a good motor factor will help, might need to wait for the part to be flown in from Germany though

6. mk1 formel e Forum Member

sorted!!

thanks pete your'e a top fella, gasket ftted just gotta sort the knackered auto choke now! i also went back to gsf with the carb while it was off and it turns out that the main carb gasket that they list for the 2e3 carb (1.3 engine) is identical and fits perfect so now you know where to get one if you just need the gasket