Where does this go?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Stevecat, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Stevecat New Member

Hi!

Well,I finally got my Passat sold and back in one of my all time faves,the B4 Audi Coupe.2.6 last time,this time the 16v for fuel cost reasons.

Anyway,the pulse wire is hanging off.I dont have HT leads on with removeable boots on the end.Which leads have them so I can get over this problem??

[​IMG]

Also,which lead does it go over?1 or 4??Im assuming it needs to be a TDC lead so my moneys on plug one.

TIA

Steve:)

2. eightieshatches Forum Member

pulse lead

I dont know if it will help but it was on lead one on my old 2.0 16v coupe

3. eightieshatches Forum Member

duh stupid me
    now ive just read it is a 2.0 16v coupe im gonna take myself outside and give myself a slap lol

4. Stevecat New Member

LOL!!

Hahaaaaa.No need to sacrifice your widger matey.

Thats spot on.Many thankings!

Would anyone know,to save me lashing out on a new set of leads,if I can bind the lead of the impulse sender to lead 1 with insulting (!!) tape?? Just to see me through for now.
    I've ummmm....spent a little too much on Zymol products for the detailing[:D]:thumbup:

5. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

As it's an inductive coil, it really needs to go around the HT lead. The current through the HT lead causes an inductive pulse in the coil, thus giving a signal to the wiring.

You might get a signal pulse, by just binding it on, but it's questionable how strong it would be? The pulse that is, not the duct tape!

HT lead joints are available.

http://beedspeed.com/product_info.php?products_id=4543&redirectCancelled=true

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011