Where or how to get ABS?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by The Fuher, May 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. The Fuher New Member

Hi fellow members. I live in the US, and had a question of where or how i can get abs for my 92 Gti mk2 that doesnt have Abs at the moment.

2. thegave Forum Member

Did you get the G60 in the US? If not maybe Corrado? Or MK3

3. swampy Banned

ive not looked at it on a golf but i know on peugeot 306 its not that easy to retro fit.

you need different master cyclinder, hubs at each wheel that take the sensor, reluctor rings on the drive shafts or stub axles, wiring loom and abs ecu

then new pipe work etc

4. big nick Forum Member

you need the full setup, from the M/C, the pump, hubs with speed sensors, and it makes the brakes worse! ABS is the very worst thing you can do to a Mk2.. you want 280mm fronts, Audi S2 twin pot calipers, braided lines and fresh fluid. ABS just takes all the feel and confidence out of the pedal, aswell as marginally increasing your stopping distance. Dont do it!

5. The Fuher New Member

wait so abs makes it worse? but then imagine the situation that would take affect with no abs. which means wheels lock up and then i wouldnt be able to evade a crash.

6. big nick Forum Member

But you're aware that braking effort increases proportionately to how hard you push the pedal down, right? Apply the correct amount of braking effort to avoid locking up - if thats impossible use cadence braking.. Beleive me, all you need is 280s and twinpots - ABS is the devils work.