where to buy MK1 roll cage

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Ro, Mar 14, 2006.

1. RO

Ro Forum Member

Hey guys, been a while since i've posted or updated my project cos i have been so bloody busy at work, but i've got the money to order a roll cage for the MK1 before it goes in to be sprayed (my spraying is shocking!!!)

i've seen OMP and sparco cages, but where is thebest place to order in terms or service and speed of delivery, also do any one else do them?? i've found a nice one from custom cages but it has front turret fixing points and i am loathed to remove the engine etc that i spent ages fitting to get it all welded in!!!!

so any idea guys/gals?? i'm looking to order today or tomorrow as i'm off to hamburg on thursday and then paris all next week.

Cheers

Ro

2. altern8 Forum Junkie

i bought my sparco cage from peter lloyd it took about 5 weeks to come i think and he was the cheapest

theres a few crap pics on
    www.veedub.org

3. RO

Ro Forum Member

is that a 6 point bolt in? how much did it cost you???

I think i'm going for a weld in cage fitted by a place in Milton Keynes should be about 900 all in

4. altern8 Forum Junkie

yah 6 point bolt in comes un painted i paid about 300 i think :)