where to hide the crossover?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by mk2_oxford, Dec 30, 2004.

1. mk2_oxford Forum Member

just ordered these

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+product s_id+519

but where do u guys reckon the best place is to hide the crossover on a mk3? and also r these speakers a good fit or will i have to do some cutting etc?
    im gonna have them off the headunit until i can afford to amp them in the new year. ;)

2. essee Forum Member

Strangely enough, I just bought some components and spent all day yesterday and a couple of hours today fitting them. They were a nightmare feeding the new wires through the doors, to the crossovers and then on to the amp in the boot.

Believe me, I'm your man on this one!

The crossovers hide nicely behind the dash, "unscrew and pull out"... that's pretty much everything you need to know...

I used the British made In Phase XT6C's, which even had the gaps around the edge, which made them a direct replacement. The sound is amazing... then again, they do RRP at 250!

3. MrBen Forum Junkie

I'm a bit lazy but I tend to just use the standard wiring in the door and connect in on the car side of the 'A' pillar! Saves a lot of fiddling about!

4. essee Forum Member

I just wanted to make sure that the pants standard wiring wasn't going to limit my V12 Alpine amps.[:D]

Plus, it'll be easier for me to set up the standard speakers when it comes to selling the motor.

I'm not letting these new components go with it! The place I bought them from, 3 of the workers there have them.... one guy is pushing 145db, with subs and just these components... they're spot on! :clap:

5. mbh69 Forum Member

took them up behind the dash

6. mbh69 Forum Member

excellent choice i run them front and rear quite easy to fit as well

7. mk2_oxford Forum Member

do they require any cutting? and will i need adaptors to fit em under the grilles? cheers

8. mbh69 Forum Member

tweeters will need modding slightly you can drill a hole where the original tweeter was and use the flush mount kit to fit them in neatly