Where to mount CD autochanger?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Julesx, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Julesx Forum Member

'89 MK2

Where is the best place to mount my 10 disc changer. I would imagine in the boot........................but I don't want to drill into the body work. Has any body lashed up/hand crafted :lol: a bracket or piece of board which can be fixed somehow and then the changer fixed to the board?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Jules

2. mothy Forum Member

screw it to the back of the rear seats through the carpet into the metal of the seat.. is an option.. when you remove it you wont be able to tell 1 was there as the carpet covers the holes (if you have any carpeting).. works for me

other options - are glove box (if it fits), thats where i have an md changer.. only needs a smallish hole to run rca's & power through & screw holes

or under seat if it fits

3. Julesx Forum Member

I didn't realise the rear seats had metal in them [:$]
    I thought they were some sort of 'reinforced' card.

That would work. The changer is too big for the glove box and is a very tight fit under the seat.

Thanks

Jules

4. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

the back of my seats have , as im sure yours have metal bars of sorts running up and down top to bottom . A simple piece of 3/4 ply cut big enough to overlap the bars , stuck in behind holds perfictly and then screw the changer to it ....i done this for my amp , works a treat ;)

5. Julesx Forum Member

What a good idea!! Off to the garage for a scap bit of ply................mmmmm.............now should I varnish it :) Sad or what!!

Jules