Where to mount crossovers?? MK2

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Gareth83, Jun 27, 2005.

1. onnie Forum Member

well differences, a passive crossover does its thing after an amp, where as a active does its work before an amp...

So for example, a 2-way active crossover will have one pair of RCA's (L+R) going into it from the HU, then you actually adjust the dials and settings yourself, then two pairs of RCAS come out the xover (one for highs and one for low/mid) high rca's go into the amp and that amp will purely output the signals for a tweeter, you plug your tweets straight into the speaker outputs of the amp. And then you do the same for the mid/midbass.

Main advantages:
    * You can tailor the sound to suit your style/car interior.
    * You can generally apply more power to the speakers.

Main Disadvantages:
    * Lots and lots of patience needed as you have to try lots of combinations to achieve the sound your after.
    * Easy to make a mistake if your not concentrating and wire the tweeter to the midbass amp [:s] :lol:
    * Now you have some things to twiddle, its hard to leave it alone [:D]

Thats about all i can think of at the mo, only got up a little while ago [:$]

2. Switch625 Forum Member

Where is/how do I get to the fan motor?

3. gti8v Forum Member

remove passenger side under dash tray,
    remove black foam cover,
    the motor is right in front of you.

4. Switch625 Forum Member

Thanks man, gonna try installing some components today... speakers in the doors in place of the bins, tweeters in the dash and crossovers... any tips?

5. outlandish5 Forum Member

Under the back seats. I had 4 crossovers under there in my mk3, some double sided sticky tape an the jobs done.