where to put the power line for my amp in my mk4 golf

Discussion in 'ICE' started by jjoe90, Apr 14, 2006.

1. jjoe90 New Member

where can i put the power line in my golf [mk4] so that everything is safe?

2. GolfJocky Forum Member

Safe in what way?

3. phatgti CGTI Regional Host

I ran my power cable from the battery, through the bulkhead on the passenger side then along the transmission tunnel into the boot......Stripped the pssenger and rear seats out first, made the job quite easy

4. jjoe90 New Member

done it now all i did was take it through one of the big gromets sort of behind the glove box pulled it through and then ran it down the side of the side panels pretty easy just fidly.

wouldnt go to extremes tho and take my seats out.!!!!

5. tlcGTI89 Forum Member

Well running it threw a pre-excisiting hole is ok but you want to make sure you put a gromit in to protect the wire if not over time the metal my cut threw the covering of the wire causing a major short!!!! You really should take the seats out and run it properly! Any moving parts poses a problem to the wire! Run the wires down the middle and every 1-2 feet duct tape them down so they stay in place and keep away from anything that moves!!! Any holes you make or run threw prexcisiting ones makes sure to put gromits in! How many watts is your amp/amps? What gauge wire are you running for it/them? That makes a huge difference to small a gauge wire could very well melt down and cause huge problems! Also whate size are you fusing the wire with? A fuse is put inline to protect the wire not the equipment! So if you have a 4awg wire protected by a 20amp fuse, BIG TROUBLE!!! Not trying to get on your case just trying to help I've been in this for years and could go on for ever with the horror stories. If you need help e-mail me I'll help you out with whatever you need airjordan29@adelphia.net