wheres the best place to?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by pacifica112, Aug 20, 2007.

1. pacifica112

pacifica112 Forum Member

where do you think the best place to hide a set off 6x9's is. I have just built a stealth sub box and want to hide my 6x9's. I thought about putting them into my read door cards (on a 3 door) and re covering them so you cant see them. has anyone else got any ideas?
    neil

2. geany Forum Member

if its a stealth shelf they will fit in their covered surely??

also if you have a sub 6x9's wont see you any improvement it seems to be the general opinion taht 6x9's are a good way of ruining a good ice set up.

I have some vibe 13cm components in the front some 6x4 JBL's in the shelf supports and a 800watt pioneer sub in the boot you only really need rear speakers for the high mids and treble as the sub handles the bass end.

Thats just my set up but i know alot of people have similar things and get excellent sound without the need for 6x9's

3. pacifica112

pacifica112 Forum Member

the reason i asked is because i dont want to have my 6x9's in the boot because of what you have just mentioned. I have read and heard that subs and 6x9's sharing the same air ruins the sound. I have got some components in the doors already. just wonderingn where to hide my 6x9's as i dont wanna get rid because they cost me 100 lol.
    neil

4. geany Forum Member

ahh i understand now. TBH i dont see a need for them i knwo what you mean thou i have some alpine 6x9s sat in my room and a fusion sub ended up not using them. putting them in teh door cards would probably cause rattle you would need alot of sound deadening as it just shell under the door card. Weight would be an issue too. And if you were to reinforce it i dont knwo how you would attatch teh wood unless you recovered your doorcard. also clearence would then be an issue.

Could you not return the 6x9's or sell em on???

my gf has some vibe 6x9s in her shelf and a jl audio sub which runs of lower watts. That sounds ok depends how big and loud the sub is.

sorry for the abysmal spelling[:$]