which 12" sub

Discussion in 'ICE' started by neil kaye, Oct 18, 2008.

1. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i have a 12" eminence sub in a box and its old and well used and basicly wobbles like a fat bird riding a jelly on a waterbed,im looking for a new one but want something that will reach very low base,sound fairly good at a decent price(between 50 and 100 pounds) any recomendations??

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. danTbone Forum Member

kicker .
    if you want some good low bass have to spend some more money .
    and a tuned box to pick up the low sounds .
    double d subs are good .
    try looking on realm of excursion fourm

3. neil kaye Forum Junkie

cheers m8 ye iv hered of these and i got told the punch ones were better and i could get one for 60 quid,not sure how true this is,i went to the vw festival in 2007 and there was a guy there with a transporter full of 12 inch punch and it gave me a hard on i mean an head ache,so i went to the stall and he told me 120 quid so i get mixed messages you see,but i wiil try that forum see if i can get some more info cheers

4. danTbone Forum Member

rockford fosgate punch are good as well just get the best model you can afoured.or get two 12s and a good sub amp and get the box tuned to suit your needs .
    dirrtydubber (on this forum) can desin a box just tell him what subs and how you want it tuned to pick up lower bass he will give you a cuting list take it to b and q and they will cut up the prob 18mil mdf for you .

5. neil kaye Forum Junkie

thanks 4 that pal