which 5.25" components???

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Gareth83, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

I'm after a set of 5" components to fit in my scirocco as the door has been cut to allow them.

Anyone know of some decent ones for not too much money??

They will be run off the alpine head unit for the time being.

cheers

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

how much you looking to spend?? sometimes see good used ones on talkaudio.co.uk

3. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

not sure really

about 50-60??

used to have some JBL ones in my mk2 and they seemed okay. Think they cost about 50 so might just buy them again

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

for 50 or 60 i'd be looking at 2nd hand market :)

grab yersel' a bargain

5. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

any suggestions?

or usual?

infinity, focal etc etc?

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Are you creating an install? If so keep in mind other speakers you wish to install, as some may disagree with me but it is better to keep a similar brand/speaker series with the speakers to ensure consistency in the sound reproduction.

I find JBL to have a good balanced sound which suits a wide variety of music types. Personally I always feel you can't go wrong with JBL.

Here's some pioneers I've always liked the look of and with Kevlar cones should last well with power outputs. At 56 they're good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-TS-E136C-5-1-4-160W-SEPARATE-2-WAY-SPEAKER-NEW_W0QQitemZ9735704596QQcategoryZ18800QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or my favourite JBL's at 52 delievered to your door brand new:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-506c-13cm-5-25-inch-2-way-component-speaker_W0QQitemZ9726455847QQcategoryZ18800QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

7. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

disagree :lol:

8. Aaron New Member

I second that! [:p]

9. mk2monster

mk2monster Forum Member

go vibe m8, get some bargins on ebay!

10. G-Man Forum Junkie

Why disagree them peeps? Surely you're planning to put a set of components on the front and some rear speakers, you want them to have similar tonal quality? No different then using different brand of tyres on the front and rear-you want consistency!

As for Vibe, a seller by the name of No1icedog sells some graded Vibe goods as they do not have the retail packaging, but they are brand new and warrented! They often start at 99p and have seen some great deals!

11. Aaron New Member

As i peronsally believe that different brands are better at different things. I prefer to mix and match to get a perfect sound.

12. dub303 Forum Member

I agree to match speakers too..... or better still, forget the rear ones unless you have rear passengers regularly.

I fitted infinity rears years back (just 'cos I still had them lying around) and they sounded very different to my Focal's up front. Treble and Mid most noticable.

I agree you could eventually.. probably.... maybe...... match different brands, but why bother ?

You could use 'brand A' tweeters, 'brand B' mid, 'brand C' bass etc, but it all means more trial and error and at this price, aint worth it !

Sub Bass doesn't matter though, just get one that goes DEEP so DEEP putt her *ss to sleep !

13. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

Exactly, you would just have a set of components and a sub.