Which Cheap Components?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Jim1.3, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Jim1.3 Forum Member

I have been looking around for what components I should get for when i start my new budget install, and these two http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id =4135and http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id =2987seem good, but what out of the two would you recommend. I can get the JBL's for 10 more, is it worth it, will I hear the difference? (The music I mainly listen to is thrash metal and techno/trance)

Cheers.

PS. What 'route' does the wires from the tailgate take (specifically the rear wiper). Does it go up, through the boots, along the headlining and down the A pillar on the drivers side to the fusebox and stalks?

2. Danners Forum Member

I recently sold some type e comps cos they sounded so dreadful, so without actually hearing them, I'd say go for the jbl's.

All the wires travel down the passenger side I believe, up to the roof by the seat belt, and then through a gromet into the tailgate. If you're looking to run a cable into the tailgate, I used gaffa tape and a coathanger to push the cable through.

3. TurbTech Forum Junkie

From experience i'ld probably go for the JBL's. They tend to give a bit more depth for the sort of music that you listen to. I've done a few systems with a complete JBL gto coaxialset up and it did sound good.

Never really heard the Alps but i don't think that much of the budget alpine stuff :).

Edited by: TurbTech

4. Jim1.3 Forum Member

Cheers for the advice people! I try and get hold of some of them JBLs then...