Which exhaust for my 16v?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by RoryH, Jul 4, 2011.

1. RoryH Forum Member

All,

Wondering what exhaust system to put on my 1997 gti 16v?

Does anyone have any experience in aftermarket exhaust systems for the valver? because i cant find much on here.

All i know is that the 8v, 16v and VR6 all have the exact same exhaust system (minus the downpipe) so im just wondering what make to go for that will sound good and has worked for someone else.

Cheers,

Rory ;)

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

16v and vr6 is bigger bore than the 8v, but an 8v system from the cat back will fit as the cat bore is the same on them all. just from the front silencer back the 8v system is narrower

3. RoryH Forum Member

Cheers rubjonny but does anyone know what make exhaust system is the best to buy for the 16v? Can anyone tell me what there running? Because if heard some people have bought systems from some makes and they sound rubbish :/

Cheers Rory

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

jetex for me, great build quality and noise :)
    scorpion systems fit great too but make sure its a new one or you check the baffles carefully. the one on my 2nd hand carby 1.6 resonated like a ***** at motorway cruising speeds, but the nearly new 16v system i put on my kr sounded awesome