which hu??

Discussion in 'ICE' started by amzee, Jan 12, 2005.

1. amzee Forum Member

ok whats a good headunit that i can get for about 150 which i then later add a sub an amp. an what should i look for when buying?

ps sorry i dont no much about headunits

2. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

Its been a year or so since I bought my headunit but Ive always likes pioneers, straight forward and well specd for the price I found.

If you arnt bothered about having this years model check out ebay there is always people selling 2003/2004 model 'dolphins' models cheap :)

Hope this was some help, there are quick a few people on here really into installs so they should be able to help more than me

3. Baj MK2 VR Forum Member

Just make sure the head unit has got pre outs so you can connect an amp to it. if it has a dedicated sub out even better! :thumbup:
    personaly i think the HU is the most important part of a system so try and get the best you can afford. don't just get one because it looks nice make sure it sounds good too. I can't stand all these new HU with the flashing lights and gimicks. [xx(]

4. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

What he said!

I bought the Alpine 9812rb nearly 2 years ago...and its more expensive now than when i bought it! Got loadsa options, without tackyness....pure class!

5. Chris H Forum Junkie

:thumbup:

6. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Nice choice chris! What else you running in terms out sounds?

7. Baj MK2 VR Forum Member

i am still using my HU from 7 years ago.
    same as this one.along with an alpine in dash TV and its one of the only HU that will link with the TV (on screen display etc)
    [​IMG]
    and i am very happy with it indeed and have not been tempted to change it. i have tried other HU but keep coming back to this one. ;)

8. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Proper Old Skool! :clap:

9. Baj MK2 VR Forum Member

i have got a full old skool setup in my car apart from the TV. ;)

10. Guests Banned

for your price range i recomend this from car audio direct list pirce was 299 they sell for 160

kenwood

11. Chris H Forum Junkie

At the moment i've only got some Alpine SPR174A in the doors. I've got a couple of sub boxes and amps around the house but don't really want to fit them in the car, as i've only got the bucket's in there. [:$] :lol: