Which injectors.... still struggling

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by J55AYE, Jan 17, 2009.

1. J55AYE Forum Member

Recently had a conversion done....(my first one!).....1.8t into a mk3 its the AGU engine with ko4, bosch 440 green tops, and was running 271bhp ish in the donor car.... but since its been in my car I cant get it to run right, it feels like its flooding the plugs when its cold... it appsolutely will not run until it is warm, spluttering and miss firing until the temp is on half way, the donor car apparently ran fine but when that was originally mapped was told that the 440s were too big they were over fuelling......cos when you boot it you get a cloud of smoke, it does that in mine now, and you can smell petrol all the time, I've had a look on an injector website but unsure which ones to get, by the way the management I'm using is discontinued DTA.... which has been mapped twice now as people keep saying the fuelling can be controlled by the ECU....but 2 tuners tell me the DTA is too old......so which ones do I get......cheers in advance Jaye...... by the way on that website posted by sparrow it says Bosch 440 green tops are not suitable for 1.8t!!

2. J55AYE Forum Member

Thanks for the reply, those were the exact ones I was looking at, but wanted to be sure they would be right before I spent even more money, lol! :thumbup:

3. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

dta too old? i think not
    exp48 is it?

4. J55AYE Forum Member

Ive just looked up the EXP48 DTA and its similar to mine but mine has a long rectangular plug, the sticker says S48 i think, I cant make it out properly

5. HidRo Forum Member

It could be that you are running more fuel pressure? So, a change from 3bar to 4 bar would make your car flood a bit, especially in cold starts.