which intercom

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by davecr32, Aug 6, 2007.

1. davecr32 Forum Member

Hi,

Im looking to buy an intercom setup so that i can talk to my passenger, listen to music or have car to car communication whilst on the move.

But also mainly because stripped out cars are pretty noisy.

I was thinking of buying something along the lines of a peltor fmt160.

does anyone use a intercom in there track car? any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks Dave

2. gofasterpinch Forum Member

peltor are where its at.

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Where it's at indeed.

I've pondered these before, but they're pricey, no question. Control units generally take the humour out of a novel purchase.

4. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Ive been thinking about one, think its going to be a little noisy in the banana. Could be a down side though, when i was taking my bike test the instructor was taken ill, he had his helmet under his arm while spewing :( :( :( herd the hew and splatter loud and clear :lol: maybe it would be better just to broadcast to the passenger :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Peltor is defo very good, bear in mind the cost of a decent helmet as well. having chatted to a few of the rally boys this year during events in Jersey the peltor helmet/set up are great. But the ear suction cups kinda suck to your ears and one crew found it effected the nav's balence made her fill alittle ill. Saying that Stilo also make a good helmet and control unit.

End of the day its all about the cost, that and how alloying it is to shout to ya pessanger.

6. Terry47

Terry47 Paid Member Paid Member

As most of you say Peltor is by far the best to have. Over the years I have tried various including home built systems, used in a tarmac stage rally car, and once you have used a Peltor you would not go back to anything else. So if anyone is interested I do have for sale a very little used Terrafone intercom complete with two pacenote headsets and one open face helmet headset

7. IanCarvell Forum Member

Peltor are very good, but I had a system for last years 24hr race that was fantastic, I forget the company name now, but they are based in Norfolk, and do a lot of the Britcar teams....I think it ends in "tel" but I could be wrong.....I am sponsored by Blossom Hill Pinot Grigio tonight :lol:

I did a week instructing on an OMP system once and you might aswell bin it and shout loudly!

Same as usual, you get what you pay for.

8. davecr32 Forum Member

thanks for the replys :)

i will have a search around for the intercom make ending in tel :lol:

peltor seem very expensive but you do get what you pay for, so i might have to make a purchase.

Thanks again

9. IanCarvell Forum Member

Autotel...got there in the end!