Which nearside driveshaft for 02M gearbox into a Mk2?

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Mook, Jul 1, 2009.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

If you come across the company, that would be a useful link to have.

Meanwhile we've got the driveshaft lengths thread here, which hopefully will become the place to work out what shafts are needed for various wide-tracking applications.

2. 20v_jimmy Forum Member

Just had a quick search. The shop i was thinking of is http://www.driveshaftshop.com/ and as i suspected its really not cheap ($800). Shortening original shafts would be much cheaper.

One thing i did come across whilst searching was that someone suggesting that some auto mk3's had 108mm inner cv's. No idea whether this is true or not but it might be something worth looking into. However i suspect that the 02m has a larger distance from one drive cup to the other across the diff.

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Great

Yes, there are 108mm CVs around, and I think they may be one some 02As. Never quite got to the bottom of it!

Some very tasty kit on that website :clap:

4. prof Forum Addict

there are a number of 02ms around in mk2s, the 4x4 box has a shorter offside shaft than the Seat leon 2wd one

When i mocked it up in mine, i reckoned you'd need the wide track just to try and improve the short shaft angles a little

however moving it away from the nearside wheel, would help as long as you still have pulley clearence on the OS chassisleg

there is a build thread on vortex on 02m in mk2, by benbuilt4u or something