Which remap for Mk4 1.8T Golf GTI AUM Ko3s

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Si16vAnni, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Si16vAnni Forum Member

Looking at either a R Tech or Custom code remap. Does anyone have Dyno plots of these so that I can compare them please? I have seen a R tech one before and the power delivery looked good. If anyone else looking for a remap, Storm Developments in Reading are currently offering them for 200 Inc vat If paid for in October. Rolling road is an extra 35

2. Imteyaz Forum Member

From personal experience I would say R-Tech - Nick knows what he's doing, you get a pre-check done on your car for boost leaks etc and a rolling road run too see what it produces BEFORE it's mapped, then once mapped you get another RR to show the improvement.

Not only that, Nick can add 'bolt-on' tweaks whilst mapping like Launch Control etc (no hardware - all software driven through the ECU). It's worth the drive down, to Hinckley, even better once mapped - you'll have enought time to enjoy your drive back! Have a look at the feedback posted on various forums about their work, that should help you decide easily.

3. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I had my 1.8T Mk4 remapped by Custom-code, and it puts a smile on my face every time i drive it.

Its a totally different car now tbh, and is really quick off the mark. Can leave most cars standing.

Ive recommended C-Code to loads of people, and they have all come back with positive results.

It states on the website that power is increased from standard to 205-210 bhp, and torque is icreased from 173 to 230-235 ft/lb

:thumbup:

4. Si16vAnni Forum Member

Thanks for the advise. Just need to sort a boost leak out, well find it and issue with fuel trim, vag com codes 411 and 1137.

5. Richard Mk2

I found my boost leak the other day. The pipe which runs under the inlet had split and was making a hissing sound. I ended up replacing it with some silicone hose . Also check the y shaped oil breather pipe as this always perishes. :thumbup:

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Storm did my old mk4 with a custom code phase 1.

I did 45k on the remap and I had no problem at all. Miles checked the car over for me as usual to make sure the car is in a fit state for a remap. Also got a test drive after they uploaded the software and wow I was so happy i just paid up there and then!

Custom Code Phase 1 in my opinion may not be the most aggressive map but definately makes the torque and is very smooth and MPG isn't effected at all!

7. Richard Mk2

x2 ^^^ :thumbup:

MPG was never effected, and it does drive really smooth, but the power is there when you put your foot down [:D]

8. Richard Mk2

[​IMG]

This is the y shaped breather i was talking about. ^^^ :thumbup:

Also check the pipes which are coloured blue in the diagram below

[​IMG]

The one with the black circle around it which runs up to the inlet manifold was the one which was leaking on mine. Once it was fixed the car felt even more responsive. :thumbup:

9. Si16vAnni Forum Member

I work with Matt who has your car. Seems a nice delivery of power, especially with his 'Secret mods' lol. From what I hear it is similar to R tech. Heading towards the Custom Code one as it nearer and offers similar dyno plot. Just the usual fault finding to sort so will be speaking to Matt for help.