which : vr6 ht leads

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by golf_dav, Feb 14, 2005.

1. golf_dav Forum Member

i bought some ht leads for my old 8v from gsf and they didnt last long so i was thinking of getting them from vag or will they sting me.
    can anyone suggest any? cheers in advance

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

They will sting you, but i have heard they are very good.

3. stevef Forum Member

VW sell the leads individually so they are all different prices - a set comes to over 110.

I fitted GSF ones but only kept the car a short time afterwards so cannot comment on their longevity. They looked OK but obviously not of the same qality as originals, at half the price not bad though. Most on the Corrado forum slate them however.

On the Corrado forum people rated Blue Igniters from C&R or originals.

I would try a Bosch agent to see if they do a set at a reasonable price.

Hope that helps.

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

vw sell two different types of leads...red ones and black ones. the black ones are same as gsf ones, and 60, but aren't that good.

get the red ones, the quality is utterly superb, and well worth the extra cash.

may also be worth spending a few extra quid on the special lead removal tool, i'm presuming yours is missing, and you've damaged your current leads by tugging at them?

5. golf_dav Forum Member

i was taking the manifold off and one lead was taped already and that came out in two pieces then i pulled on the others and they come out fine, but i am guilty for breaking one of them.

does sound pricy for a full set, i might replace the damaged ones as steve mentioned. cheers

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

they're well worth the extra cash...if you dont do something like tugging them again then they should last a very long time.