Whining Lupo 1.0E gearbox

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by PhatVR6, Sep 21, 2004.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

bloody thing hasn't even had it's first MOT yet, only just done 23K, and the gearbox whines like f*ck, starts to become noticeable in 3rd, and gets louder in 4th and louder still in 5th, regardless of speed.

WTF?!?!

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

it still under warranty? if not, maybe taking one out would be a shrewd move.

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

no idea, we didn't nuy it new. and it's come from ireland, so I don't know where we'd stand with regards to warranty?

there's another 1.0 lupo in the local breakers, so if it goes it's no bog deal. it's just annying for it to be making a racket so soon?

I know it's had a knock, but I can't see any marks on the gearbox, ir signs of oil leaks!?!?

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

does suck...but hey, my punto went through three boxes in three years (and i bought it new). guess with these new cars its now a service item! :lol:

5. Atlas 12v Forum Member

It wasn't unheard of when I was at VAG for a Lupo box to go that early... [8(]