whistling noise?

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by garethfkelly, Jun 22, 2014.

1. garethfkelly New Member

Hey all, need some help with my car!

Recently I've started hearing a whistling noise coming from my car, when accelerating. It's only in the higher revs, and it goes away as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator.I have a mk 4 golf 2.0 gti, everything standard.

Any ideas what this could be?

Cheers!

2. garethfkelly New Member

Update: when accelerating in second gear, its very sluggish and my engine management light started flashing at about 5000rpm, and it wouldn't go any higher. I put my code reader on it, and it says it has a (1) random/multiple cylinder misfire, (2) cylinder one misfire and (3) cylinder 2 misfire. Would this cause it to whistle?

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

whitling could be an air leak, to start with go over all the pipes around the engine looking for splits and disconnected hoses etc. look un the folds of any inlet pipe work to check for cracks where you cant easily see

4. Will_1.8t New Member

Hi mate did you find anything that was coursing the noise as I have the same and can't seem to work it out thanks bud

5. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Boost pipe off ?? Common for them to become dislodged due to the dodgy clips and seals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk