White MK3 VR6

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Jon, Aug 16, 2008.

1. JON

Jon Forum Member

Howdy,

Been a while since I posted on here.

Sold this not so long ago unfortunately as having a weekend car these days is a big hole in your pocket.

[​IMG]

I told myself I was done with VW's. That lasted a week or so. I decided I fancied a VR6, inparticuarly a white 5 door. One came up forsale in my local town which got me hooked, the car seemed perfect but in the end the guy wouldnt sell it!

Found one eventually after waiting, and tbh got more for my money!

I spent 4 hours on trains and buses to get to Milton Keynes but it was worth it!

What I got for my 2K.

95 M reg, white 5 door with 75K on the clock, full history with most VW, MOT til March, 2 months tax, 4 previous owners. Loads of receipts and stuff.

Engine and everything standard which is what I wanted including airbox, new centre part of exhaust not long ago.

Lowered on new FK coilovers, rear arches pulled and de-seamed.

Came on 17" satin black TSW which suprisingly looked okay, but I also got the original BBS's.

Sony ipod head unit.

First pics of when I got it home:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sold the 17" TSW's on ebay whilst I tried some 18" BBS MK4 anniversary alloys. But I decided to take them off and sell them as they were just to big! Looked okay though.

How it looked on 18's:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Decided low, clean and standardish was the look I wanted to go for. Working for the Police I don't like to draw to much attention to myself when I pull into the station car park lol. So I spent the money I got back on the wheels by getting a bit of new paint to sort out all the worst bits and get it looking near mint again. I got a great deal at the bodyshop as they do all the work on our Police vehicles, they painted over half the car in the end. Also spent another 360 quid on a new all singing all dancing CAT1 alarm and immobiliser. The car went back on the original BBS's but with new premium tyres all round.

Pics after I got it back from the bodyshop, it had new badges fitted all round too, and the original fogs/indicators etc put back on:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Replaced the gearknob & gaiter which was the only thing looking tired interior wise:

[​IMG]

Bought some more wheels off ebay, standard VR ones but chemically stripped and powder coated then painted gloss black and fitted with new centre badges:

[​IMG]

Last weekend the car I wanted to buy locally appeared outside my house lol!

[​IMG]

Finally how it looks now after a month of doing bits and with the newer wheels fitted. Pretty pleased with it tbh! Love driving it. Don't love the fuel consumption but I can live with that I guess lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. funkbaron Forum Junkie

MK3 looks tidy, but the mk2 looks awesome - why didn't you put the VR engine into that;)

3. Mckenzie New Member

Looks good but really liked the Mk2, what size out rims did you have on the RM's they fill the arches perfectly.

4. Ezy D

Ezy D Forum Member

You've done well there matey ! I much prefer the tidy and mint OEM look :thumbup:

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i love that mk2!!!! the VR looks really tidy, black bbs look nice

6. JON

Jon Forum Member

Cheers, the MK2 was sweet but I refused to use it daily. And I sold it for nearlly twice what I paid for this.

The dishes on the RM's were 1.5" if I remember.

7. irmscher Forum Member

That MK3 looks lovely. Good job.

8. mk2 majik Forum Member

looks sweet mate oem+ all the way for me nice one

9. JON

Jon Forum Member

Got the car back this afternoon from another bodyshop session.

I wont say how much it cost me, but thats well over a grand in paint its had now.

The sills and arches were a right old mess and took them ages to sort. They have had the doors off and sprayed the door shuts too and welded all the rivet holes etc in the arches.

Basically the car has had everything painted now apart from the roof, tailgate and rear bumper, which I may get done at a later date. They have done both drivers doors completely again free of charge, as I was unhappy with some bad masking lines first time around.

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Tam Nyakobyashi Forum Member

Your car looks naked!! ;)

11. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

am a bit unsure tbh mate, looks a bit wierd, maybe the dark rims are makin it look as if its on steelies or sumut. looks tidy though bud

12. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

looks weird 'cos the side skirts are still off, I presume they're going back on and that'll make it look good again!

over a 1k spraying bits on a mk3 - you're mad, i'd of just got another car.......

13. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Doesn't lool right without the skirts, looks some how very wrong.