White Small Bumper GTi 8v, with a Crossflow topping, sprinkled with Bike Carbs!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by dannywalker_86, Jun 13, 2009.

1. dannywalker_86 New Member

Right dudes, thought I'd finally start a thread on my car.

Was previously owned by a boy on Edition38.

Bought it off ebay around the start of May for 550 completely standard bar the wheels and 16v rear lights with 90,000 Miles on the original engine and a few weeks of tax and a months MOT and sent my brother down to Manchester on the plane to pick it up.

Heres a few pictures of it when the boy from Edition38 on here found it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He tidied it up a bit:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wasn't the best paint job as he used rattle cans had to rush it in the end for its MOT, but it certainly looked better than when he found it.

Heres a few pictures of how it stands now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its got a bit tatty round the bottoms of both doors and the rear lower panel etc.

Got a few plans for it and already bought and in the process of buying a few things, buying a Beetle crossflow head off a dude on Edition38, won these the otherday GSX-R600 Carbs and going to get my brother to fab me up a stainless inlet manifold (hes a welder and my dads a Hydraulic Engineer so plenty of Stainless tubing lying around) also bought a CD player and Sub Amp package last week.

Other things on the list are bits to get the Bike Carbs up and running, 4 Branch, Cam, S/S System, Steering Wheel (Its got a Porsche one fitted just now), Coilovers, a new set of wheels preferably 8x13 Wellers, Banded Steels or something with a bit of poke wink.gif , A respray in the original Alpinweiss, was thinking of doing this myself as my brother's just bought a compressor and its come with a spray gun, but we'll see as I don't have much spare time due to being a Fisherman!

So what'd you think?, all comments are welcome!

I'll try to keep this updated as much as I can!

Danny.

2. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

looked a bit rough at first but now looks like a tidy white car.

what wheels are they i quite like em.

3. dannywalker_86 New Member

Dunno dude, I can't find any markings or stickers. They kinda look like old compo's a bit.

4. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

ace! looks great.