Who’s The Best Refurber For BBS RA’s??

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Titty, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Titty New Member

I'm looking to send away my RA's for a refurbish but would appreciate peoples views/opinions/experiences on where's the best place to send them to and general prices i can expect to pay for a set of 4 (condition of them is bit of minor curbing, laquer lifting in places, and brake dust).

I've had a look around locally (Cornwall) but can't seem to find anywhere reputable (unless you know any different of course!) so it looks like i'll have to send them out of the county via a courier which means i'd like them done right first time!!

From a bit of investigation on t'internet two companies seem like they'd be worth a try:

1. <LI>Spit n Polish</LI>
      <LI>Pristine Wheels</LI>

Anybody used either of these-any good etc. ??

Cheers

Rob

2. Aquablue Forum Member

I've used Spit & Polish in Tonbridge a few years back & wasn't too inpressed. They were pretty simple wheels I had to do, without hardly any kerbing etc and every wheel had a little dodgey area somewhere when I got them back. I know of two places that are meant to be good. One in Essex and one in Bedforshire or near there, I don't have experince of them, but have heard people's good reports of them. Let me know if you want there no.'s. There's another one in Kent called Fat wheels, but I'm not sure what they're like. I had that no. as well!

3. RO

Ro Forum Member

pristine is very very good, i've not had any wheels done myself but live local and have seen some of their work.
    They can be quite dear but do top notch work.

Ro

4. WillStandard16v Forum Member

I took my RA's to FatWheels in Sheppey, Kent. They were good considering the state my RA's were in when I left them, now they look as good as new.

Top job FatWheels!

5. Laydon Forum Member

I've has a set of ra's refurbished by pristine. How it works is you send your wheels through a local dealer the dealer then contacts you with the price and you agree or not to have the work done. However I got a phone call from the dealer saying my wheels were ready without any prior contact or me agreeing to the work, I went through and was presented with a bill of nearly 300! [:x] After throwing my rattle out the pram and mentioning trading standards the final price came to 130 which included the fitting of my eagle f1's [:D] Its almost a shame they don't fit anymore as I have had G60 brakes fitted. The quality is good but not 300 good I've since had wheels done as good by Lap-tap

Ra's by pristine

[​IMG]

Lap-tap's work before centers were sprayed

[​IMG]

6. pigbladder Forum Addict

id go with lap-tab.co.uk if i needed some doing

7. Admin Guest

aye pristine at woburn sands bedfordshire, though its very very near milton keynes,

very good and come well reccommended round the forums, but boy are they not cheap!!!!!

was going to get my campaign P slots done by them, quote was nearly 300-400 :o :(
    so i have probably spent 100 doing them myself.