Who is the professional here?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by olso_82, Apr 23, 2011.

1. olso_82 New Member

hi to all

i need some help i want to upgrade my engine i have a ady engine and i need more hp so waht i can do for that and what i can change to get amore hp

so please help me

2. rankadoodle Forum Member

Hello.

The best option is forced induction. You'll need a rebuild depending on miles, and since it's a mark 3 probably so. There are bolt on kits that are pretty simple to install. Stage 1 I'm pretty sure the head does not even have to come off. Search the internet for kits, I'd list some but they would be for American sites.

Good mods for the 8v are as good as any other n/a engine. Expect 140ish tops with bolt on's suchs as cams, intake, exhaust, chip, light flywheel, light pulleys, better fuel pump etc. The mark 4 intake is a good modification.

Depending on how much you add you'll need a better clutch if you decide to try to get above 200bhp.

I see the "how do I upgrade my 2.0" all the time in vwvortex. Best thing to do is find a VR6 to swap into it. Or find a vr6 car. Or respect the 8v for what it is and be nice it it. It will love you forever.

Safe and cheap options follow. You can pull some serious weight out of the car and get lightweight steel wheels. Your 0-100mph time can be increased dramatically as proved by top gear with an old jag with no engine work. Buy good tires (I don't know how it is for euro but America can get falkens for a good price, and they are great tires.) As for brakes there are plenty of oem options. g60 (front) and mark 4 aluminum (rear.) Pull some from clunker yards and rebuild calipers if need. When you add power make sure you can stop. You will only need slotted rotors, only get drilled for constant braking and don't slam on them in the cold.

3. olso_82 New Member

thx my freind but what about istall super charge for this engine did u like that

4. olso_82 New Member

how i can find the technical man in the fourm

5. tones61

tones61 Forum Member

6. tones61

tones61 Forum Member

7. rankadoodle Forum Member

I get where the guy is coming from. Why not just bolt on a super charger and call it a day. Much easier than swap if money is not the issue. If you have not done allot of work to a car, it is best just to go with a forced induction kit and follow instructions. To go beyond low preasures, you'd have to lower compression and build up motor some. Which again is work and allot of money. Maybe I speak for myself but f we had boat loads of money we would not be in the mark3 section would we [:^(]

I'd go for it. The neuspeed superchargers for 2.0 are supurb quality. I don't know of any others.