Why does my IE9 not refresh every time I visit a page?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by TheSecondComing, Sep 14, 2012.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I have it set to refresh "every time the page is loaded" - but if I want to see the latest unread reply, I have to manually refresh it. It's annoying, and I may have to sack Bill Gates over this seemingly minor issue. I only have 40GB left on my hard drive out of 540GB, but the same happens on all 3 of my working laptops. I tried Firefox and Chrome - didn't like them. I'm an old man now, and I like to use what I'm used to. Is there a separate setting or something I should be ticking a box on?
    Also, it does not display the page title at the top like the older versions of IE did. This annoys me, and unless he sorts it out, Mr. Gates will be working at Lidl soon.
    Any ideas?

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Do you mean when you first visit a given page, it always pulls the last loaded one out of the cache rather than loading it afresh? Sounds odd, and I would not understand that happening on all your machines.

I don't quite follow. Are you expecting it to periodically automatically reload?

The title at the top doesn't seem to be an easy thing to bring back: http://sharepointfrank.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/ie9-how-to-enable-title-bar-display/

TBH, stop being gay and use Firefox anyway. [:D]

3. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Perhaps attend some of those OAP computer classes?

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Oi! Shut it!
    No, when I hit "back", it just reloads the same page as if I hadn't answered anything. It didn't used to do that, it used to bring up the refreshed page. That was IE8 or7 maybe. It clearly says on the Tools drop-down - refresh every time I go to the page" or whatever and it is NOT DOING THAT! I don't really have to force Mr. Gates to pay my court charges - but he has failed to do what he promised. Again.
    And I don't like Firefox, and Google are taking over the world so I don't run Chrome...

5. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

It probably knows you are a ****.

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

Are you tabbed browsing and going back to the same tab again? Not sure if that setting means flicking back to the same tab, or when you go navigate back to a page that's already in the cache

... or it might just be that your PC is haunted by the ghost of Steve Jobs

7. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

it could be because it is a **** browser

8. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Finally a thread to drop this in:

[video=youtube;njos57IJf-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0[/video]

lol