why it won't start? please help i'm really stuck

Discussion in '8-valve' started by k plate, Jul 9, 2009.

1. k plate Forum Member

evening dubbers. I have a 1.8 se mk3 golf which won't start ever since i replaced the rubber washer thingy that the spi unit sits on that sits on the inlet manifold.

it's getting spark and the fuel pump is primming, i noticed the auto choke isn't moving when i turn the ignition on.

is there any tests i can do to check the spi unit is getting power? ( i just bought one of those digital multi meters) maybe this will help me test it.

thanks.

destressed dubber.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. the idiot abroad Forum Member

check to see if all the electrical connections are good,if it was working before i guess you've forgotten to connect something or put it back together wrong.good luck.

3. k plate Forum Member

cheers matey but i,ve had it off twice and it's all as it should be whicch is why i am so stuck

4. the idiot abroad Forum Member

can you put some photos up from various angles maybe i can spot something.Are the plugs wet after you've turned the engine over ? Could it be something simple,fuse,broken wire when removing the spi unit. BTW are you sure it has a auto choke.Take the air intake off at the top so you can look down into the throat of the unit and get someone to turn the engine over,is the injector spraying.

5. k plate Forum Member

cheers mate it was a broken wire in the back of one of the plugs.