Widget on 02M clutch hydraulics Question

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Crispy 8V, May 3, 2009.

1. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I've seen the device many a time but no one can give me a answer (checked Else etc)

Its fitted in the hydraulic line on all 02M style gearbox, with the release bearing & slave cylinder mounted in the gearbox

It's comes with the hydraulic line so no separate part number, the size of it's equal to a half used roll of electric tape, one in & one out union

I have a feeling it may be something to draw back the fluid, or to act a servo effect

does anybody actually know? [:$] :lol: and could it be used on a o2a box effectively as i have one tucked in the garage somewhere;)

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Maybe a damper, some Fords and BMWs have them when a dual mass flywheel is fitted, to stop vibrations being felt on the clutch pedal. Could be that?

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Heres a picture, it could well be damper - there only so much dampering those DMF's can do when they go to the wall [:s] :lol:

[​IMG]

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

something to prevent you from side stepping the clutch? slows down the flow of the fluid, to bring the clutch out a bit slower

5. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Dont think its that, i have one in my car and believe me, i can side step the clutch with immediate take off

6. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

fluid recirculator?

7. Brian.G

Brian.G Forum Member

it lets the fluid back slow so you cant let out the clutch quick. i had one on the beemer, real annoying, no matter how hard i tried i couldent get the ar5e to break away if dumped the clutch, i removed it and joined the lines, no problem with sideways action after that:lol:

8. VR6Will Forum Member

Just fitted an 02m into my mk2, i actually used this part in my conversion....