Will original roof racks from 3dr mk2 gti fit 5dr mk2 gti?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Koomey, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Koomey New Member

Hi guys I'm a new owner on a silver mk2 gti 5dr from Melbourne! So I was after some roof racks and was scouring ebay UK and found a bloke selling original roof racks which I've been looking for for a couple of weeks. He's agreed to post to Australia but when I mentioned I had a 5dr he advised I run it past a forum because he didn't know if it would affect the installation of the roof racks... I have pictures which you can see below... Love to hear some feedback and anyone's opinion on this topic! Thank you in advance!

2. Koomey New Member

3. SimonG Forum Member

I can't see the pictures for some reason but as for fitment I shouldn't imagine you'd have any issues fitting to a 5 door.

Put it this way, my genuine original accessory roof bars fitted my 3 door fine and also currently fit my 5 door.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes they will fit fine

5. Koomey New Member

Still working this all out.. I'll post pics once I figure it out. Thanks alot fellas I appreciate it. Will buy with confidence now :)