Will These Fit

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by James_VR, Dec 1, 2008.

1. James_VR New Member

Hello All

i am using a 1.8 20vt in my mk3 engine code AGU now we no that they have forged crank larger head port and havo a k03 turbo but come with the small injectors, i want to no if the injectors out of a APX or AUM will fit

Many Thank
    James

2. vwd40 Forum Member

Why would you want to fit these injectors?

3. James_VR New Member

because the APX or AUM are larger than mine that are in my AGU engine also i am upgrading my turbo intercooler and manifold so i thought it would help when i get it remapped

4. turbotommy Forum Member

APX are 386cc @3 bar (ie 225 bhp audi TT injectors) only good for k04 turbo and a chipped one at max (can't fuel enough for 300 + bhp)

5. vwd40 Forum Member

What turbo are you planning James?

6. James_VR New Member

well i have been given a rs4 turbo from my mates garage that was not needed for warrenty in the end. Also i have avalible a garret t28 there are both new. now i dont no which will be best as i am a novice at this. What will i need to do to the engine also if not nothing.

7. vwd40 Forum Member

Up to 300ft/lbs and revs at 6.5K a standard engine should be fine. Both of those turbos could be capable of 300+ft/lbs so you could be looking at internal work such as rods.

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

In my experience they don't just fit in (if you do end up using them, sounds like you won't tho) I have heard from a few people that you can make them fit with some modification to the injector seat. It's something I still have to do on mine. Also note that the APX/AUM injector seats do not fit in a AGU inlet manifold....I know as I tried[:$]